This recipe is great for younger kids as it can be fun to involve them in the cooking process. In the recipe you roll up little pizza balls, which is fun for the kids to do.
- Pizza Sauce : 6 Ounce
- Crescent Roll Dough : 16 Ounce
- Shredded Mozzarella : 1 Cup
- Chopped Pepperoni (or italian sausage) : 3 Ounce
- extras as desired such as chopped mushrooms, olives, peppers, etc. : 1/2 Cup
- Unroll the crescent dough from the containers and lay flat. If the crescent roll sections are super small, you may want to keep 2 of them attached to make the pizza bomb bigger. Avoid the crescent rolls with "extra butter" or "extra flaky" as those can come across as a bit of a gut bomb. Crescent rolls are used to make it easy while camping - but feel free to substitute with home made pizza dough if desired.
- Spread the pizza sauce over each roll, add the cheese, pepperoni and any other fixens you want. Try not to add too much otherwise you won't be able to roll up the creation. Roll each of the crescent rolls up like a burrito.
- Preheat the dutch oven before placing the rolls inside. Bake for around 20 mins or until the tops of the rolls gain a golden brown color. Check and rotate the oven every 8-10 mins.