Wether you call them Fritters or Dumplings, this dessert is a treat all around.
- Large Apples : 2-3 Whole
- Lemon Lime Soda : 12 Fluid Ounce
- Butter : 1/2 Cup
- Crecent Rolls : 16 Ounce
- Cinnamon : 1-2 Tablespoon
- Sugar : 1 Cup
- Start off by cutting the apples into 8 equally sized slices. Be sure to peel the skin off the apples as well. Wrap each apple piece into one crescent roll forming a "dumpling" or "fritter".
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a separate container (a ziplock bag works great). Then place the mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Heat your dutch oven over about 20 coals. Add the butter and begin melting the butter on the bottom of the dutch oven.
- Roll a single fritter in the butter so it gives it a nice coat. Do the same with all of the fritters and make a nice lining on the bottom of the dutch oven with all of the apple fritters.
- Add the soda slowly over the entire dutch oven. Don't pour it onto one fritter as you will wipe the butter off. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the fritters in an even fashion.
- Cook for about 30 mins. You can keep the 20 coals on the bottom and place about 15 on the top. Be sure to turn the dutch oven every 10 mins or so and check it as you come into the 25 mins range to avoid burning the sugar.